Tuesday, October 29, 2013

WI and stuff

My brother doesn't have a PCP which is what complicated things in the hospital and why he had like 5 DRs. They picked one out for him it seems as he has an appointment first thing Thursday morning. I called the surgeon today to book his appointment there (next Wed? ugh) and stressed to the receptionist the ick/smell problem. She ended up asking me for the home health care companies information for the surgeon to call. The home health care called my brother later and said the surgeon ordered them to bring a wound vac. The supervisor of the home company is coming tomorrow to assess my brother due to the wound vac order.

*I did mention the culture to the surgeon's office and she said they would call when they got it back if he should be on anything.

No fever or new pain so he wants to wait till the appointment Thursday (I am expecting the DR to give a script for antibiotics)

We already explained to the kids they might not get much ToT in due to all the running we will have to do. Wednesday night drop off my car. Thursday night they (and daddy) have to pick me up from work at 7 pm then we have to drive over to brother's house to get my car back for me for Friday.  They were not thrilled but they understand.

I just finished A's mask not 20 minutes ago. It is currently drying.  I hope that it looks decent. He wants to be a zombie and the coolest way I saw to do that was toilet paper and elmers glue. I didn't want to be gluing that to his face though so I did it to a mask. It isn't as neat looking as I hoped but at long as he likes it that is all that matters.

I had court today for work. I was a ball of nerves but ended up sitting next to the gal that I took to court. She was nice about it all and understands I am just doing my job. I can mark that off my list of stress. Now my personal court stuff is possibly back into play but I can't do anything about that. Since there has been no action for 60 days the court wants to close the case. The plaintiff has 30 days to re-stake a claim. I have turned into an ostrich when it comes to that type of stuff.  I know it is there but I cannot do anything about it so I ignore it.

My weight is up and I was a tad sad about that, but then when I was in the courtroom a certain visitor appeared. I realized later that the weight this morning was probably not a true weight. Still three pounds up though.  Booo on me!

Due to the shit storm that is surrounding my life my weigh in days are changing to Tuesdays.

With the thing that happened to my coworker's baby our schedule is all jacked up. He has to have three appointments a week to work through the damage he sustained that horrible morning at daycare. He is doing better and is back to crawling. It is a abnormal crawl but it is better than nothing. PT puts him at 7 months physically when he is actually 15 months.

Good night.


  1. You have a lot on your plate right now darl'in. Sending hugs and positive vibes your way:)

  2. Hope your brother heals quickly. Take care!

  3. Sending good thoughts your way ... for you and your brother. Hope he gets better real soon.

  4. You do have a lot of stressful stuff going on! Hang in there, hopefully it will all settle down soon. {{{HUGS}}}


I luuuurve comments!